What kind of lawyer do I need to sue my employer?

By: LawInfo

There are a variety of legal claims that you may have against your employer; the nature of your claim may determine the type of attorney that you may need in order to pursue your claim.  Some labor and employment lawyers handle all different types of employment claims, whereas other labor and employment lawyers handle very specific types of employment claims.  For instance, some lawyers might only handle wrongful termination cases, and others might specialize in sexual harassment claims.  Therefore, you can either contact an attorney who broadly practices in the area of labor and employment law, or an attorney who specializes in the type of employment claim that you want to pursue.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Labor & Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Labor & Employment Law Resources