Under what circumstances can a final paycheck be withheld under Massachusetts law?
There are no circumstances under which an employer can totally withhold a final paycheck under Massachusetts law; employers are typically required to issue a final paycheck containing compensation for all earned, unpaid wages.
Additional Wages Articles
- What are the rules on final paychecks in Massachusetts?
- When is the final paycheck due when an employee is fired under Massachusetts law?
- When is the final paycheck due when an employee quits under Massachusetts law?
- What deductions may an employer make from an employee's final paycheck under Massachusetts law?
- What recourse does an employee have under Massachusetts law if he or she is unable to obtain his or her final paycheck from a former employer?
Search LawInfo's Wages Resources