When is the final paycheck due when an employee is fired under Illinois law?
As per 820 Ill. Comp. Stat. 115/5, when an employee is fired, the employer must give him or her a final paycheck at the time of termination, or, if that is not possible, on the next regularly scheduled pay date.
Additional Wages Articles
- When is the final paycheck due when an employee quits under Illinois law?
- Illinois Wage Laws
- What are the rules on final paychecks in Illinois?
- Under what circumstances can a final paycheck be withheld under Illinois law?
- What deductions may an employer make from an employee's final paycheck under Illinois law?
- What recourse does an employee have under Illinois law if he or she is unable to obtain his or her final paycheck from a former employer?