What are the rules on final paychecks in Illinois?
Generally, under 820 Ill. Comp. Stat. 115/5, an employer must issue a final paycheck to a terminated employee at the time of termination, or, if that is not possible, on the next regularly scheduled pay date. Likewise, an employee who quits his or her job is entitled to a final paycheck immediately, or, no later than the next regularly scheduled pay date.
Additional Wages Articles
- Illinois Wage Laws
- When is the final paycheck due when an employee is fired under Illinois law?
- When is the final paycheck due when an employee quits under Illinois law?
- Under what circumstances can a final paycheck be withheld under Illinois law?
- What deductions may an employer make from an employee's final paycheck under Illinois law?
- What recourse does an employee have under Illinois law if he or she is unable to obtain his or her final paycheck from a former employer?