Are Salaried Employees Entitled To Overtime?
Just because you are paid a salary does not mean that you are not entitled to receive overtime. Some employees are exempt from overtime, such as executive, administrative, and professional employees, as well as supervisors who are employed solely to supervise. Your actual daily job duties and what your employment contract states determine if you are eligible for overtime.
Additional Labor & Employment Law Articles
- What is the minimum wage in Pennsylvania?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Is "Comp Time" Legal?
- How Many Employees Must My Employer Have Before S/He Has To Pay Overtime?
- Do I Have To Work Overtime If I Don't Want To?
- Am I Entitled To Holiday Pay?
- Am I Entitled To Sick Leave? Vacation Pay? Severance Pay?
- Don't I Have To Be Paid For "On-Call" Time?
- What Is The Law Regarding Breaks And Meal Periods?
- Can My Employer Change My Rate Of Pay?
- What Can Be Deducted From My Paycheck?
- What Kind Of Information Is My Employer Supposed To Put On My Pay Stub?
- I Just Gave My Employer Two Weeks' Notice And S/He Fired Me. What Can I Do?
- How Soon After I Quit Do I Have To Be Paid?
- How Much Time Do I Have To File A Claim After Termination?
- Does The Department Of Labor & Industry Have To Take My Wage Claim?
- How Long Does It Take To Get My Money?
- What Is The Difference Between Full-Time, Part-Time And Temporary Employees?
- What Are The Requirements For Travel Time Pay?
- Am I Eligible For Unemployment Benefits?
- May I Collect Uc Benefits While Attending School?
- Does Unemployment Compensation Pay For Job Training Or Retraining While Claim Unemployment Compensation Benefits?
- Who Can Help Me Search For The Right Training Program And Help Pay For It?
- I Am A Pennsylvania Resident Laid Off From A Job In Another State, Where Should I File A Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- I Was Laid Off Last Month And Didnt File An Application For Benefits Right Away. Can I Get Paid For Those Weeks?
- What Is New Hire Reporting And What Will Be Done With The Information?
- Is New Hire Reporting Mandatory For Every Employer?
- Isn't The Information Currently Available Through Other Reports Submitted To The Government?
- What Information Is Required To Be Reported?
- How Often Do I Have To Submit A New Hire Report?
- If I Lay Off And Then Re-Hire An Employee, Do I Need To Send In Another New Hire Report
- What Are The Methods Of Reporting?
- What Is Acceptable For The Employer Address, Contact Name And Phone Number?
- Do I Need To Submit A New Hire Report On A Newly Hired Employee Who Quits Before The New Hire Report Is Due?
- Am I Required To Report All Existing Employees?
- Are We Required To Submit A Report If We Do Not Have Any New Hires?
- If I Choose To Report Electronically Or Via Fax, Should I Follow-Up With Paper?
- What Are The Reporting Requirements For The Following?
Search LawInfo's Labor & Employment Law Resources