How Long Will It Take To Get My First Unemployment Check?
The first valid week is a Waiting Period week and no check is payable for that week. It will take approximately 23 weeks from the date you first file a new claim to receive your first unemployment check.
Additional Labor & Employment Law Articles
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- Can I File A Claim Outside Of Maine?
- How Do I Claim Weekly Benefits?
- How Will Earnings Affect My Benefits?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- When And Where Will My Hearing Occur?
- Do I Need To Be Represented By An Attorney?
- What Can I Expect To Happen After The Hearing?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Hearing Officer?
- How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I Register For An Employer Tax Account?
- If I Am Determined To Be Liable, How And When Do I Pay My Taxes?
- What is the minimum wage in Maine?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Me With Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Break Periods?
- What Is The Law Regarding Paydays?
- What Posters Must Be Displayed?
- Who Do I Contact With Questions About Workplace Discrimination?
- Can I Refuse To Take A Drug Test?
- Can My Employer Terminate Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
Search LawInfo's Labor & Employment Law Resources