Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
No work permit is required, however, an age certificate is required for employment of minors under the age of 18.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Labor & Employment Law Articles
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements To Draw Unemployment Benefits?
- How Is My Benefit Amount Determined?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Claim Partial Benefits?
- When Do Extended Benefits Go Into Effect?
- How Much Can A Claimant Receive In Extended Benefits?
- Please Explain Electronic Claims Filing.
- How Do I Know If I Am Liable For State Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I Establish An Unemployment Tax Account?
- How Do I Report Wages And Pay Unemployment Tax?
- How Is My Tax Rate Determined?
- What Are Reimbursing Accounts?
- What Hours Can Children Work?
- Are There Certain Occupations That Are Prohibited For Minors?
- Where Can I Obtain More Information On Child Labor Laws?
- What is the minimum wage in Kentucky?
- How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me If I Quit?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?