Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
The state of Colorado does not require a work permit for the employment of minors. If your employer requires an age certificate before you can begin work, you must get one from your school office or school district office.
Additional Labor & Employment Law Articles
- What is the minimum wage in Colorado?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Am I Entitled To Lunch And Rest Breaks?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- Must An Employer Provide Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Retirement, Health, Or Life Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I File A Wage Claim?
- Can An Employer Terminate An Employee Without Notice Or Reason?
- Are There Regulations For The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- Can You Explain The Colorado New Hire Program?
- What Information Must Be Reported To The State Directory Of New Hires?
- When Should New Hires Be Reported?
Search LawInfo's Labor & Employment Law Resources