What Are The Licensing Requirements In Wyoming?
- 18 years of age;
- a resident of Wyoming for at least 60 days; and competent, trustworthy, financially responsible and of good reputation.
- agents must be appointed by authorized insurers or sponsored by licensed corporations or firms;
- solicitors must be regularly employed by licensed resident agents or brokers as fulltime employees;
- surplus lines brokers must be licensed resident general lines agents.
If you are not a Wyoming resident and wish to apply for a Wyoming license, you should contact the Wyoming Insurance Department (see the address and phone number above) to determine the appropriate procedures and requirements.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- What Types Of Licenses Can Be Granted In Wyoming?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures?
- How Do I Obtain A Company Appointment?
- Is An Examination Required For All Applicants?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule An Insurance Licensing Examination?
- Is There A Continuing Education Requirement?