Is An Examination Required For All Applicants?

Each applicant for licensing as an agent, solicitor, consultant, surplus lines broker, adjuster or funeral service contractor must pass an examination before becoming licensed by the Insurance Department.

Below is a more specific list of which licenses require an examination:

    Insurance Agent Licenses
    Life and Annuities [Also Fraternals]
    Disability (Health) [Also Fraternals]
    Variable Contracts
    Credit Life and Disability
    Property and Liability
    Fidelity and Surety
    Insurance Solicitor Licenses
    Property and Liability
    Insurance Surplus Lines Broker Licenses
    Other Licenses
    Crop Hail Adjuster
    General Lines Adjuster

    Life, Annuities, and Disability (Health) Consultant
    Property and Liability Consultant
    Funeral Service Contracts

    Insurance Broker Licenses (except Surplus Lines)
    Motor Club
    Independent Public Carriers
    Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Organization Dealers
    and Representatives
    Service Representatives

Examination requirements are waived for applicants who were licensed in Wyoming within the last 12 months under the same type of license, other than a temporary license. Those insurance agents who were licensed in another state may make a written request for test waiver if licensed under a similar license within the last 12 months.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More