How Do I Register For And Schedule An Insurance Licensing Examination?
- calling ASI Customer Care at (800) 2748979
- faxing the Fax Reservation Form (found in the Candidate Handbook) to ASI at (888) 2046291
- visiting the ASI Web site http://www.asisvcs.com
Candidates should register at least three business days before the desired test date. Exam locations in the area include Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Menomonie, and Wausau. The examination fee is $50 or $85 for two examinations in a single session.
The Candidate Handbook is available to assist and guide applicants through the examination and licensing process. It is suggested, that applicants familiarize themselves with this information before registering for the examination(s). The Intermediary's Guide to Wisconsin Insurance Law has been developed by OCI as a study guide for the law portion of the exam.
New residents applying for an original resident license who held a license within the previous 6 months as a resident insurance agent in another state for the same line(s) of authority will only need to take Part 2 of the examination which covers state law, rules and regulations. To qualify for this exemption, the following must be submitted at ASI on examination day:
- A cover letter requesting Part 2 testing only;
- An original Wisconsin Prelicensing Education Exemption form not more than one year old;
- An original resident state letter of clearance dated not more than 60 days prior to the date of application, identifying you held a resident insurance license in your previous resident state within the last six months for the same line(s) of authority; and
- A completed original Wisconsin Department of Justice Identification Record Request (DJLE250) not more than one hundred and eighty (180) days old.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- What Are The Procedures For Obtaining A Resident Insurance Agent License?
- What Is The Pre-Licensing Education Requirement?
- Please Explain The Crime Check Process.
- How Do I Obtain The Licensing Application Forms?
- What Is The Continuing Education Requirement?
- Do I Need To Notify The Oci Of A Change Of Address?