What Is The Procedure For Obtaining An Appointment?
To appoint a currently licensed resident agent to represent additional insurance companies, submit:
Form RAFcompleted and signed by an authorized Appointing Official.
License Fee$25.00 per agent. One check for the total amount per form is required. Make check payable to WEST VIRGINIA INSURANCE COMMISSIONER
Selfaddressed envelope Yellow copy of RAF will be acknowledged & returned in this envelope.
To terminate an agent's appointment, submit:
Form ATFcompleted and signed by an authorized Appointing Official.
Selfaddressed envelope Pink copy of ATF will be acknowledged and returned to the company in this envelope.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Who Is Eligible To Become Licensed In West Virginia?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures For A Non-Resident License?
- What Are The Requirements For An Excess Line Broker License?
- What Are The Requirements For An Adjuster License?
- What Is The Pre-Licensing Education Requirement?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule An Insurance Licensing Examination?
- How Do I Obtain The Licensing Application Forms?
- What Are The Licensing Renewal Procedures?
- What Is The Continuing Education Requirement?
- How Do I Obtain A Letter Of Certification Or Letter Of Clearance?