What Is The Pre-Licensing Education Requirement?
Resident agent applicants must complete a prelicensing course as follows:
|Life Only:||20 Hours|
|Accident and Sickness Only||20 Hours|
|Life and A&S||40 Hours|
CLU and CPCU designees are exempt from this requirement.
Information on Approved Prelicensing schools is available from Agents Licensing & Education: (304) 5580610. Students will receive Certificate of Course Completion from the prelicensing school and must appear for the state licensing exam within 90 days of course completion date.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Who Is Eligible To Become Licensed In West Virginia?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures For A Non-Resident License?
- What Are The Requirements For An Excess Line Broker License?
- What Are The Requirements For An Adjuster License?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule An Insurance Licensing Examination?
- What Is The Procedure For Obtaining An Appointment?
- How Do I Obtain The Licensing Application Forms?
- What Are The Licensing Renewal Procedures?
- What Is The Continuing Education Requirement?
- How Do I Obtain A Letter Of Certification Or Letter Of Clearance?