What Is The Continuing Education Requirement?
- Nonresident licensees
Residents holding only credit life/credit accident and sickness (powers 15) licenses and Adjusters.
Agents and solicitors must accumulate twentyfour (24) hours of continuing education from approved providers every two years. Only those courses taken during the biennium (two year reporting period) can be credited to that biennium. Credit hours in excess of the required 24 hours will not be carried over to the next biennium.
Approved providers of continuing education courses will be responsible for submitting proof of course completion to the Insurance Commissioner to be recorded on agents' records. Agents and insurance companies will not be required to submit proof of course completion. However agents are required to maintain certificates of course completion for three years in the event of an audit of courses is necessary. Three to six months prior to the end of a biennium, the Insurance Department will notify licensees, at their residence mailing address, advising the status of their continuing education credits.
Lists of approved providers may be obtained by sending a written request along with a large, selfaddressed return envelope to:
- West Virginia Insurance Dept. Agents Licensing and Education
P.O. Box 50541
Charleston, WV 253050541
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Who Is Eligible To Become Licensed In West Virginia?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures For A Non-Resident License?
- What Are The Requirements For An Excess Line Broker License?
- What Are The Requirements For An Adjuster License?
- What Is The Pre-Licensing Education Requirement?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule An Insurance Licensing Examination?
- What Is The Procedure For Obtaining An Appointment?
- How Do I Obtain The Licensing Application Forms?
- What Are The Licensing Renewal Procedures?
- How Do I Obtain A Letter Of Certification Or Letter Of Clearance?