What Are The Requirements For An Excess Line Broker License?
Applicants for an Excess Line Broker license must:
Be currently licensed as a West Virginia resident agent.
Have 3 consecutive years of experience immediately preceding the date of application. One of those years must be as a licensed West Virginia resident agent.
Complete and submit the proper application for approval to the West Virginia Insurance Commissioner.
Submit the required $200 license fee.
File a bond in favor of the state of West Virginia in the amount of $2,000.
Once a passing score has been attained, the applicant must mail the original score report to the West Virginia Insurance Commissioner's Agent Licensing Division before a license will be issued.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Who Is Eligible To Become Licensed In West Virginia?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures For A Non-Resident License?
- What Are The Requirements For An Adjuster License?
- What Is The Pre-Licensing Education Requirement?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule An Insurance Licensing Examination?
- What Is The Procedure For Obtaining An Appointment?
- How Do I Obtain The Licensing Application Forms?
- What Are The Licensing Renewal Procedures?
- What Is The Continuing Education Requirement?
- How Do I Obtain A Letter Of Certification Or Letter Of Clearance?