What Is The Procedure For Obtaining An Appointment/Affiliation?
An appointment/affiliation will expire biennially on the renewal date for the insurer or licensed firm or corporation that has been assigned by the Office of Insurance Commissioner. An appointment/affiliation is terminated when the licensee's qualification license expires or is revoked, or when written notice of the termination of the appointment/affiliation is filed with the Commissioner, whichever occurs first.
To file a written notice of termination of appointment/affiliation, use "Notice of Revocation of Agent, Broker or Adjuster" form (INS24 MSWord) or provide required information in letter form.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- What Are The Requirements To Become Licensed In Washington?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures?
- What Is The Prelicensing Education Requirement In The State Of Washington?
- What Are The Prelicensing Examination Requirements?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule The Examination?
- What Are The License Fees?
- What Are The Licensing Renewal Procedures?
- What Is The Continuing Education Requirement?