What Is The Continuing Education Requirement?
Licensees must include copies of the Certificate of Completion of continuing education courses with the license renewal application. All courses must have been completed within the twentyfour months immediately preceding the assigned renewal date. Licensees must retain each certificate of completion for a minimum of three years from the date the course is used for continuing education compliance.
A list of organizations which sponsor approved continuing education courses is available from the Education Department of the Insurance Commissioner's Office.
Effective January 1, 1998, resident and nonresident licensees engaged in the transaction of longterm care insurance, long term care partnership insurance or both, are required to take an approved sixhour course on long term care, long term partnership, or both, every two years. The Commissioner will prescribe the content of the course. Each course will be approved in advance. The insurer, not the licensee must certify to the Commissioner, that its appointees complied with this requirement. The approved sixhour course may also count towards the thirtytwo required continuing education credit hours, if it is approved for that purpose.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- What Are The Requirements To Become Licensed In Washington?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures?
- What Is The Prelicensing Education Requirement In The State Of Washington?
- What Are The Prelicensing Examination Requirements?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule The Examination?
- What Are The License Fees?
- What Is The Procedure For Obtaining An Appointment/Affiliation?
- What Are The Licensing Renewal Procedures?