What Is The Procedure For Applying For My License After Passing The Examination?
- The proper license application form;
- A current (no more than 90 days old) Criminal History Record Report, which must be obtained through the Virginia State Police; and
- The $15 nonrefundable license application processing fee.
Your license application must be received within six months of the date you pass your examination. Failure to do so will void your examination and you will have to satisfy all prelicensing requirements again.
You will not have to submit proof of passing the examination. Experior will notify the Bureau of your passing score within two business days of your examination date. After your application materials have been reviewed and approved, the Bureau will send you a license and you may begin to solicit insurance of the type for which you have received a license.
Each company you wish to represent must appoint you.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Can The Prelicensing Education Requirement Be Waived?
- Can The Examination Requirement Be Waived?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule The Examination?
- How Do I Obtain A Company Appointment?
- How Can I Obtain The Required Forms For Insurance Licensing?
- How Do I Inform The Bureau Of My Address Or Name Change?
- How Do I Obtain A Certification Letter?
- I Am Moving To Another State. What Do I Need From The Bureau Of Insurance?
- How Do I Obtain A Duplicate License Or Appointment Card?
- Is There A Continuing Education Requirement To Renew My License?
- How Can I Check To See If The Bureau Has Received My Continuing Education Hours?