How Do I Obtain A Company Appointment?
Each company you wish to represent must appoint you by submitting a PIN 4151 (Appointment) form to the Bureau within 30 days of the date of execution of the first insurance application you solicit on its behalf. An insurer may appoint any licensed agent to sell the classes of insurance that the insurer is authorized to market in Virginia, but the appointment is limited to those classes of insurance authorized by the agent's license type.
Upon receipt of an appointment form, the Bureau will verify that you hold an appropriate license and that the appointment is proper. The Bureau will mail you an Acknowledgment of Appointment card within five days of receipt of the properly completed appointment form from the company. Do NOT assume that a company has appointed you unless you receive the Acknowledgment of Appointment card from the Bureau. You may continue to solicit and submit applications to a company for a period of 45 days from the date you submit the first application to that company. If you do not receive an Acknowledgment of Appointment card from the Bureau within such 45day period, you must cease soliciting insurance on behalf of that company until you receive such acknowledgment.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Can The Prelicensing Education Requirement Be Waived?
- Can The Examination Requirement Be Waived?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule The Examination?
- What Is The Procedure For Applying For My License After Passing The Examination?
- How Can I Obtain The Required Forms For Insurance Licensing?
- How Do I Inform The Bureau Of My Address Or Name Change?
- How Do I Obtain A Certification Letter?
- I Am Moving To Another State. What Do I Need From The Bureau Of Insurance?
- How Do I Obtain A Duplicate License Or Appointment Card?
- Is There A Continuing Education Requirement To Renew My License?
- How Can I Check To See If The Bureau Has Received My Continuing Education Hours?