Is There A Continuing Education Requirement To Renew My License?
The Producer Information Handbook has complete details about compliance requirements and deadlines.
Using Online CE Services, producers can check their compliance status, request a transcript and create customized lists of approved courses. Providers can submit rosters as well as enter and edit course offering schedules.
Resident producers licensed as of October 1, 2000, must earn a minimum of 24 CE credit hours each review period. Of this total, a maximum of six credit hours can relate to insurance agency management in one review period. The 24credit hour requirement applies to all producers regardless of the number of lines of insurance. Limited line representatives/agents, including title insurance, travel accident and travel baggage insurance, are not subject to the CE requirement.
The course provider is responsible for reporting your CE course credits to Experior. Experior will, in turn, report your CE compliance to the Department.
You may verify your credits anytime through Experior's interactive voice response (IVR) system by calling (800) 5322199 or you can access your records through Experior's Web site at www.experioronline.com.
A nonresident producer who resides in a state or district that has a CE requirement and who has satisfied such requirement can satisfy Vermont's CE requirement by demonstrating compliance in the home state and submitting a filing fee. If a producer has not complied with CE requirements in the producer's home state, the producer must meet the Vermont CE requirements.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- What Types Of Licenses Are Issued By The State Of Vermont?
- What Are The Licensing Application Procedures In Vermont?
- Are All Applicants Required To Take A Prelicensing Examination?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule The Examination?
- What Are The Licensing Fees?
- What Is The Procedure For Applying For My License After Passing The Examination?
- Are There Any Additional Licensing Requirements?
- What Are The Licensing Requirements For Nonresidents?
- What Are The Licensing Requirements For New Vermont Residents?
- Do The Licenses Ever Need To Be Renewed?
- How Does A Company Appoint An Agent?
- How Can I Request A License Certification Or Clearance Letter?