What Are The Licensing Requirements For New Utah Residents?

Except for Title and Escrow agent licenses, Utah is reciprocal in its licensing of new Utah residents who were previously licensed in another state. A laws and regulations exam is available for agents coming into the state who were previously licensed in another state. This means that, if you just moved to Utah from another state, you will be treated in the same manner as Utah residents who move to your former state. If your former state offers Utah residents who move there a license without requiring them to pass a test, you will (provided you meet all other qualifications) be able to get a Utah license without taking an examination. If you have ever held a resident license in another state, you must submit a Letter of Clearance (dated less than 90 days prior) with your application.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More