What Types Of Licenses Does The Insurance Division Issue?

The South Dakota Division of Insurance issues the following types of licenses: Bail Bonds, Resident Producer, Non­Resident Producer, Surplus Lines Broker, Broker, Risk Retention, Foreign Solicitor, Rental Car Insurance Producer. South Dakota has adopted the Major Lines of Authority contained in the NAIC Producer Licensing Model Act. Therefore, they eliminated many miscellaneous lines of authority and combined them with the major lines of authority. The major lines of authority are now Property, Casualty, Life, Accident & Health or Sickness, Variable, Limited Line Credit Insurance, Crop Insurance, Travel Accident, Bail Bonds, Commercial Lines, Personal Lines and Rental Car Insurance.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More