If I Move To South Dakota And Have Been Licensed In Another State, Do I Need To Take Any Insurance Exams?

If you move to South Dakota and held a license previously in another state and request or apply for a license in South Dakota within 90 days of the date you terminated your license in the previous state, you will not need to take any South Dakota exams to become licensed for the same lines of authority you held in your previous state. If you do wish to become licensed in additional lines of insurance, you may need to take an exam.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More