If I Move To Another State, How To I Obtain A New Non-Resident Producer License From South Dakota?

First, you will need to obtain a Letter of Clearance by sending a request and payment in the amount of $10.00 to the South Dakota Division of Insurance. They will issue the Letter of Clearance in favor of the new state in which you are applying for a new resident producer license. The Letter of Clearance indicates you are licensed and in good standing in South Dakota and the lines of authority you are authorized to write. Once you have obtained your new resident producer license in your home state, we will re­issue you a non­resident license for South Dakota. No license application, fee or Home State Certification is necessary if you were licensed and in good standing when you left South Dakota.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More