Is Animal Fighting Illegal?
Yes. If you train animals to fight, facilitate their fighting or house animals at any place where animal fighting takes place you may be guilty of a felony in the state of New York. Additionally, you will be guilty of a misdemeanor if you own animals that have been trained for or participated in animal fighting, if you gamble on an animal fight or even if you attend an animal fight.
Additional Pet Law Articles
- What Is The Relevant Law In New York That Governs Pets And Animals?
- Am I Legally Responsible If My Dog Bites Someone?
- What Does It Mean For My Dog To Have Violent Propensities?
- My Dog Has Previously Attacked Someone Uprovoked, And Is A Dangerous Dog. My Friend Was Over And He Harrassing My Dog, And Dog Attacked And Injured Him, Am I Still Absolutely Liable?
- If My Dog Has Escaped From My Property And Injures Someone Am I Legally Responsible For Those Injuries?
- I Was Watching My Friend's Dog And He Bit Someone. Am I Legally Responsible?
- If My Horses Or Cattle Have Wandered From My Property And Caused Injury To Another Am I Legally Responsible For Those Injuries?
- As A Landlord, Am I Legally Responsible If One Of My Tenants' Dogs Attacks And Injuries Someone On My Property?
- Am I Liable For A Trespass If My Dog Wanders Onto The Land Of My Neighbor?
- If My Cattle Or Horses Wander Onto The Land Of My Neighbor Am I Liable For A Trespass?
- Am I Required To Fence In My Land So That My Cattle Do Not Wander Onto My Neighbor's Land?
- Can I Sue My Neighbor If His Cattle Get Inside Of My Fenced In Land And Cause Damages?
- Will I Be Held Liable If The Cattle That I Own Enter My Neighbor's Land And Cause Damage Even Though They Are Under The Control Of My Farm Hand?
- Am I Liable To My Neighbor If His Animals Are Injured While Trespassing On My Land?
- Can I Kill My Neighbor's Dog If It Trespasses On My Property?
- Am I Legally Responsible If I Run Over Another's Animal While I Am Driving On The Highway?
- Can I Sell My Horses Or Cattle To Whomever I Please?
- Is There Any Penalty For Not Picking Up My Dog's Feces In A Public Place?
- Can I Be Held Criminally Liable For Failing To Care For My Animals?
- Can I Use My Dog As A Hunting Dog?
- Can I Clip My Dog's Ears On My Own, Or Must I Take It To A Veterinarian?
- Can I Set Up A Trust Or Will So That When I Die A Person Of My Choosing Will Receive Ownership Of My Pet?
Search LawInfo's Pet Law Resources