If I Own Livestock Do I Need To Brand Or Otherwise Mark Them?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Pet Law Articles
- What Is The Relevant Law In Montana That Governs Animals And Pets?
- Am I Legally Responsible If My Dog Bites A Human Being?
- What Does It Mean For A Dog To Be A Vicious Dog?
- Am I Legally Responsible If My Dog Injures Or Kills My Neighbor's Cattle Or Other Livestock?
- My Neighbor's Dog Has Repeatedly Chased And At Times Injured My Livestock. Can I Kill My Neighbor's Dog?
- Can I Get In Trouble If My Dog Barks Too Much?
- Does My Dog Need To Be Licensed?
- I Let My Dog Run Free And Do Not Keep Him/Her Restrained On My Property. Are There Any Legal Consequences That I Should Worry About?
- Can I Be Punished If I Do Not Take Good Enough Care Of My Dog Or Other Animals?
- I Want To Adopt A Pet From An Animal Shelter. Are There Any Restrictions?
- Can I Set Up A Trust Or Will So That When I Die A Person Of My Choosing Will Receive Ownership Of My Pet?
- Is Dog Fighting Illegal?
- If I Have Livestock On My Property Am I Required To Have Them Fenced In?