What Is The Relevant Law In Michigan That Governs Animals And Pets?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Pet Law Articles
- Am I Legally Responsible If My Dog Bites A Human Being?
- What Does It Mean For My Dog To Be Considered A Dangerous Dog?
- My Dog Was Killed By A Law Enforcement Officer. Can I Recover Damages For My Dog Being Killed?
- Can I Be Liable For Damages In A Trespass Action If My Dog Enters My Neighbor's Property?
- What Are The Consequences If My Dog, Which Has Been Determined A Dangerous Dog Bites Another Person?
- Am I Required By Law To Keep My Dog On A Leash?
- Am I Allowed To Tie My Dog Up So That He Does Not Run Free From My Property?
- Am I Required To Obtain A License For My Dog?
- Are There Any Legal Processes That I Must Go Through If I Sell My Dog?
- Is It Illegal To Abandon A Dog Or Other Animal That I No Longer Wish To Care For?
- If I Find Someone's Lost Dog Am I Entitlted To Any Compensation For Caring For It?
- Is It A Felony To Harass A Police Dog?
- Is It Illegal To Let My Female Dog Run Free When She Is In Heat?
- Are There Restrictions On Where I Can Bury A Dead Animal?
- Do I Need To Obtain A License To Breed Animals?
- If I Find A Stray Dog Can I Keep It As My Own?
- Is Dog Fighting Illegal?
- Can I Set Up A Trust Or Will So That When I Die A Person Of My Choosing Will Receive Ownership Of My Pet?