What Will The Sheriff Do When I Report A Stray Animal?
The sheriff will notify the state livestock commissioner and the owners of all registered brands found on the stray animal. If the sheriff and the livestock commissioner or his duly authorized representatives find a registered brand on the animal, a record will be kept, and the animal shall then be released to the established owner and the owner shall be responsible for all costs of the person who kept the stray.
Speak to an Experienced Pet Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified pet lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local pet attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Pet Law Articles
- What Is The Relevant Law In Kansas That Governs Animals And Pets?
- Is It Illegal If I Don't Have My Dangerous Dog Properly Fenced At My Home?
- What If An Animal Is Already Dying And I Want To Put It Out Of Its Misery? Can I Do That?
- What Happens If My Dog Killed A Chicken? Do I Need To Pay For It?
- What If I Killed An Animal That Was Threatening My Sheep? Am I Liable?
- How Is Cruelty To Animals Defined?
- What Happens When An Animal Is Impounded?
- Is It Legal To Give Away Animals In A Contest, Like A Raffle?
- Do I Need To Get A License If I Want To Open A Pet Shop?
- What Happens If An Abused Animal Is Discovered?
- Can I Be Stopped From Selling Or Giving Away As A Gift An Exotic Animal Such As A Poisonous Snake?
- Am I Allowed To Breed Animals For Personal Rather Than For Commerical Use?
- My Neighbor's Dog Had Puppies And I Want To Buy Them So I Can Sell Them In My Pet Store. Is This Ok?
- Is It Illegal To Have A Dog Fighting Contest? What If I Am Just Watching?
- Do I Need To Have My Dog Spayed Or Neutered If I Want To Adopt It?
- Can I Occassionally Let My Hogs Roam Away From My Farm Land?
- How Do I Know If I Will Get The License?
- Can I Keep A Stray Animal If One Enters Onto My Land?
- A Cow Strayed Onto My Land, Can I Keep It?
- Is It A Crime To Hide A Stray Animal?