Am I Allowed To Breed Animals For Personal Rather Than For Commerical Use?
As a hobby breeder, you are allowed to breed animals in your own time, but, you must first obtain a hobby breeder license.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Pet Law Articles
- What Is The Relevant Law In Kansas That Governs Animals And Pets?
- Is It Illegal If I Don't Have My Dangerous Dog Properly Fenced At My Home?
- What Happens If My Dog Killed A Chicken? Do I Need To Pay For It?
- How Is Cruelty To Animals Defined?
- What If An Animal Is Already Dying And I Want To Put It Out Of Its Misery? Can I Do That?
- What If I Killed An Animal That Was Threatening My Sheep? Am I Liable?
- What Happens If An Abused Animal Is Discovered?
- What Happens When An Animal Is Impounded?
- Is It Legal To Give Away Animals In A Contest, Like A Raffle?
- Is It Illegal To Have A Dog Fighting Contest? What If I Am Just Watching?
- Do I Need To Get A License If I Want To Open A Pet Shop?
- How Do I Know If I Will Get The License?
- Can I Be Stopped From Selling Or Giving Away As A Gift An Exotic Animal Such As A Poisonous Snake?
- My Neighbor's Dog Had Puppies And I Want To Buy Them So I Can Sell Them In My Pet Store. Is This Ok?
- Do I Need To Have My Dog Spayed Or Neutered If I Want To Adopt It?
- Can I Occassionally Let My Hogs Roam Away From My Farm Land?
- Can I Keep A Stray Animal If One Enters Onto My Land?
- A Cow Strayed Onto My Land, Can I Keep It?
- What Will The Sheriff Do When I Report A Stray Animal?
- Is It A Crime To Hide A Stray Animal?