What Happens After I Report The Dog Bite?
After local officials receive a report that your dog has bitten someone, a local board of health officer will order you to confine the dog in a manner that they direct. If you fail to listen to the order, then the local board of health will take your dog and impound it. After it is impounded, the board has the discretion of whether or not to destroy the dog.
Speak to an Experienced Pet Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified pet lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local pet attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Pet Law Articles
- What Is The Relevant Law In Iowa That Governs Animal Law And Pets?
- What Do I Need To Do In Order To Legally Own My Dog?
- Someone Shot And Killed My Dog? Is This Legal?
- Am I Responsible For The Damages That My Dog Causes?
- Can Someone Ever Kill A Tagged Dog?
- At What Age Do I Need To Get My Dog Vaccinated?
- If A Veterinarian Thinks My Dog Has Rabies, Are They Going To Do Anything About It?
- If My Dog Bit Someone, Do I Need To Report It To The Police?
- Do I Need To Vaccinate My Dog If I Am Just Traveling Through Iowa Or Taking My Dog To A Hunting Exhibition In Iowa?
- What Is The Punishment For Violating These Various Dog Vaccinations And Reporting Rules?
- Whose Job Is It To Catch A Stray Dog?
- If I Want To Adopt A Dog From The Animal Shelter, Does It Have To Be Sterilized?
- What Are My Rights When My Dog Is Impounded?
- Are There Any Rules Regarding The Training Of My Hunting Dog?
- Is It Illegal To Abandon My Dog Or Cat?
- What If I Hurt A Dog That Has Come Onto My Land? Is It Still A Crime?
- What Happens When Local Officials Think My Dog Has Rabies? Will They Take The Dog Away?
- Is It Illegal For My Neighbor To Leave Her Dog Unattended For Days At A Time?
- Can A Person Perform A Mercy Kill On An Animal That Is Suffering?
- Is Dog Fighting Illegal?
- Is Animal Abuse A Crime?
- Can The Police Enter Onto My Neighbor's Land To Rescue A Neglected Animal?