What Is The Relevant Law In Iowa That Governs Animal Law And Pets?
Iowa State Statute Sections 351.1 351.43 and Sections 717B.1 717E.3 address most pet and cruelty to pet issues.
Additional Pet Law Articles
- What Do I Need To Do In Order To Legally Own My Dog?
- Someone Shot And Killed My Dog? Is This Legal?
- Can Someone Ever Kill A Tagged Dog?
- Am I Responsible For The Damages That My Dog Causes?
- At What Age Do I Need To Get My Dog Vaccinated?
- Do I Need To Vaccinate My Dog If I Am Just Traveling Through Iowa Or Taking My Dog To A Hunting Exhibition In Iowa?
- If A Veterinarian Thinks My Dog Has Rabies, Are They Going To Do Anything About It?
- Whose Job Is It To Catch A Stray Dog?
- What Are My Rights When My Dog Is Impounded?
- If My Dog Bit Someone, Do I Need To Report It To The Police?
- What Happens After I Report The Dog Bite?
- What Happens When Local Officials Think My Dog Has Rabies? Will They Take The Dog Away?
- What Is The Punishment For Violating These Various Dog Vaccinations And Reporting Rules?
- If I Want To Adopt A Dog From The Animal Shelter, Does It Have To Be Sterilized?
- Are There Any Rules Regarding The Training Of My Hunting Dog?
- Is It Illegal To Abandon My Dog Or Cat?
- Is Animal Abuse A Crime?
- What If I Hurt A Dog That Has Come Onto My Land? Is It Still A Crime?
- Is It Illegal For My Neighbor To Leave Her Dog Unattended For Days At A Time?
- Can The Police Enter Onto My Neighbor's Land To Rescue A Neglected Animal?
- Can A Person Perform A Mercy Kill On An Animal That Is Suffering?
- Is Dog Fighting Illegal?
Search LawInfo's Pet Law Resources