I Am Interested In Moving To Oregon And Continuing With My Work As An Insurance Broker. Will My Credentials From Here Be Accepted In Oregon?

As long as you come from a state where Oregon has agreed to maintain licensing reciprocity, your credentials will be accepted toward meeting your pre­licensing educational and examination requirements but only as an insurance agent. Unfortunately, you will not be able to work as an insurance broker because Oregon does not permit insurance brokering. In Oregon you can only work as a representative of an insurer (an agent) ­ even when you are licensed to work as a broker in another state. All non­resident agents, adjusters, or consultants must provide an original letter of certification from your state insurance department that confirms your current valid license. Be sure and deliver this letter to the Oregon Insurance Division within 90 days of the date it was written. In addition, non­resident licenses are not valid once you change your state of residence!

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More