Are Non-Residents Able To Apply The Educational Credits From Their Previous State To The New Mexico Requirements?

Yes, New Mexico has reciprocity agreements with every state that has a continuing education requirement. If your state of residence has a continuing education requirement, the State of New Mexico will accept your coursework. However, a proof of completion must be submitted either by using an official form, or by writing your own letter of certification that would specify the continuing education requirements that have been met. Another alternative is to supply copies of certificates of completion filed in your state of domicile. A $5.00 filing fee is required per submission.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More