How Do I Renew My Insurance License?

The State of Montana does not renew licenses in the traditional way. Renewal is accomplished through the completion of your continuing educations requirements. The materials needed to file your annual continuing education requirements are as follows:
  • A current Montana Insurance Continuing Education Licensee Written Certification, form CE­1. Complete your courses by December 31. Submit this completed form by your filing deadline date the following year. Do not send copies of your course completion certificates unless specifically requested.
  • A list of continuing education course providers; the name, address, and phone number of each sponsoring organization with Montana­approved insurance continuing education courses.
  • Resident licensees who are licensed in reciprocal states may comply with those states' continuing education requirement by meeting Montana's requirements and then filing the appropriate forms for that state's list of reciprocal states.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More