What Are Non Resident Agent Requirements?
- Complete license application, BCA form
- Submit certification of license status from resident state
- Submit license fee for each line of authority requested
- Submit appointment form and appointment fee from appointing insurance companies
- Continuing education: 30 hours required every 24 month license period (unless reciprocity agreement is in effect between Minnesota and agent's resident state)
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- What Are Resident Agents Requirements?
- What Are Surplus Lines Agent Requirements?
- What Are Agency Requirements?
- What Are The Managing General Agent Requirements?
- What Are The Reinsurance Intermediary Requirements?
- What Are The Resident Adjuster Requirements?
- What Are The Nonresident Adjuster Requirements?
- How Do You Register For Catastrophe Adjuster?