Do I Need To Obtain The Waiver Prior To Taking My Examination?

If you have a clearance letter from your previous state that lists your qualifications, you may take the clearance letter to the exam site with your other forms on your test date. You do not need to obtain a waiver.

If you possess a concentration of credits in insurance from an accredited college, or if you hold an insurance professional designation (CLU, ChFC, CPCU, AAI, or CIC), you may waive pre­licensing by applying for a waiver from the Michigan Insurance Bureau prior to sitting for the examination.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More