Do I Need To Obtain The Waiver Prior To Taking My Examination?
If you possess a concentration of credits in insurance from an accredited college, or if you hold an insurance professional designation (CLU, ChFC, CPCU, AAI, or CIC), you may waive prelicensing by applying for a waiver from the Michigan Insurance Bureau prior to sitting for the examination.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- How Do I Become A Licensed Insurance Agent In Michigan?
- Is Pre-Licensing Education Required For All License Qualifications?
- How Many Hours Of Pre-Licensing Education Are Required?
- Do I Have To Take A Classroom Course To Attain The Necessary Credits?
- Under What Circumstances Can I Waive Pre-Licensing Education?
- Where Do I Go For More Information?