What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
Experior of St. Paul, Minn., administers the examination program. Experior provides computerized exams and obtains your license photo through a multistate network of testing centers. The Louisiana Area Experior testing centers are located in Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport and Beaumont, Texas. You may test at any Experior center across the United States. Experior works closely with the Department and its Examination Review Committee to assure that exams meet local requirements and professional test development standards. All questions and requests for information about exams should be directed to:
1360 Energy Park Drive
St. Paul, MN 551085252
TDD User: 800.790.3926
License Application and Examination Registration Procedures
To apply for a license that requires an exam, you must submit all forms and fees to Experior, including:
- license application Form 1114A;
- Exam Registration Form; and
- appropriate fees.
License application and exam registration
Mail the forms for both license application and exam registration (THROUGH THE U.S. POSTAL SERVICE ONLY) to Experior. To verify correct spelling of your name, attach a copy of your driver's license. You may not schedule an exam until your Application Form 1114A and original affidavit forms have been received and the registration process has been completed.
Exam registration and application expiration
An exam registration remains valid for 90 days after Experior has processed it. A license application is valid for 180 days after receipt by the Department. Registrations and applications then automatically expire. New applications are then required together with applicable exam and license fees.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- What Are The General Guidelines For An Insurance License?
- What Are The Application Filing Requirements?
- What Types Of Licenses Does Louisiana Issue?
- What Are The General Resident License Requirements?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- Are The Exams Good For All Lines?
- Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing And Exam Requirements?
- How Do I Begin The Application Process?
- Which Licenses Require An Exam?
- What Are The License Application Fees?
- How Do I License My Company As An Agency?
- What Are The Requirements For A Nonresident Individual License?
- What If I Am An Agent Moving To Louisiana?
- What Are The Exam Fees For Louisiana?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel And Exam?
- How Is The Exam Given?
- What Are The Security Procedures During The Exam?
- What Are Some Special Test Considerations For Someone With A Disability Or Where English Is Not Their Primary Language?
- What Is The Question Format?
- When Will I Receive My License?
- When Does My License Renew?
- My License Has Lapsed, How Do I Get It Reinstated?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- What If I Need Additional Appointments?
- What If My Address Changes?
- How Do I Obtain A Letter Of Certification?