What Are The Requirements For A Nonresident Individual License?
A nonresident must comply with the following requirements for either a nonresident agent license for Life, Health and Accident or Property and Casualty; or a nonresident broker license for Property and Casualty:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be in compliance with continuing education requirements in the resident state, or another state in which a nonresident license is held;
- submit a letter of certification issued by the applicant's state Department of Insurance within 90 days of application that verifies the applicant is licensed for the lines of insurance for which he/she is applying in Louisiana;
- If applying for a broker license include Form 1118D Bond in the amount of $25,000 or the applicant's domiciliary state's bond amount, whichever is higher. The licensing fee charged is reciprocal with the applicant's domiciliary state. The higher of the Louisiana fee and the domiciliary state fee will be charged. Licensing fees are nonrefundable. For the appropriate fee for the applicant's resident state, contact the Department at 2253420860.
Mail the application with appropriate fees by U.S. Postal Service to the following address:
Agent Licensing Division
Louisiana Department of Insurance
P.O. Box 94214
Baton Rouge, LA 708049214
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- What Are The General Guidelines For An Insurance License?
- What Are The Application Filing Requirements?
- What Types Of Licenses Does Louisiana Issue?
- What Are The General Resident License Requirements?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- Are The Exams Good For All Lines?
- Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing And Exam Requirements?
- How Do I Begin The Application Process?
- Which Licenses Require An Exam?
- What Are The License Application Fees?
- How Do I License My Company As An Agency?
- What If I Am An Agent Moving To Louisiana?
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Are The Exam Fees For Louisiana?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel And Exam?
- How Is The Exam Given?
- What Are The Security Procedures During The Exam?
- What Are Some Special Test Considerations For Someone With A Disability Or Where English Is Not Their Primary Language?
- What Is The Question Format?
- When Will I Receive My License?
- When Does My License Renew?
- My License Has Lapsed, How Do I Get It Reinstated?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- What If I Need Additional Appointments?
- What If My Address Changes?
- How Do I Obtain A Letter Of Certification?