What Are Some Special Test Considerations For Someone With A Disability Or Where English Is Not Their Primary Language?
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Examinees with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity may be eligible for accommodation in the testing process to assure you that the tests accurately reflect skills, knowledge or abilities. Experior is fully compliant with ADA guidelines and will provide reasonable accommodations. Examinees should contact Experior to request documentation forms to submit when registering to test. Registration and scheduling services are also available via our Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) by calling 18007903926.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
If English is not your primary language, you may qualify for additional time for your test by requesting an ESL Authorization from Experior. Please include:
- a personal letter requesting the authorization; AND
- a letter from your English instructor or sponsoring company (on company letterhead) certifying that English is not your primary language.
If documentation is approved, Experior may extend the time limit on your examination up to one hour. You will be notified by mail of this approval, and should not schedule your exam until you have received the approval letter.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- What Are The General Guidelines For An Insurance License?
- What Are The Application Filing Requirements?
- What Types Of Licenses Does Louisiana Issue?
- What Are The General Resident License Requirements?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- Are The Exams Good For All Lines?
- Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing And Exam Requirements?
- How Do I Begin The Application Process?
- Which Licenses Require An Exam?
- What Are The License Application Fees?
- How Do I License My Company As An Agency?
- What Are The Requirements For A Nonresident Individual License?
- What If I Am An Agent Moving To Louisiana?
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Are The Exam Fees For Louisiana?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel And Exam?
- How Is The Exam Given?
- What Are The Security Procedures During The Exam?
- What Is The Question Format?
- When Will I Receive My License?
- When Does My License Renew?
- My License Has Lapsed, How Do I Get It Reinstated?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- What If I Need Additional Appointments?
- What If My Address Changes?
- How Do I Obtain A Letter Of Certification?