How Do I Begin The Application Process?

Begin the process by completing Application Form 1114A. Use a separate Form 1114A for each type of license you wish to apply for. Use only a current Form 1114A. Indicate one of the following choices on your application:

New Resident License:
Check if you are a first­time applicant or if more than three years has elapsed since you last held a license.

Nonresident License:
Check if you hold a resident license in another state or province of Canada.

Temporary License:
A temporary license may be issued for a period of 90 days to one of the following:

  • to the surviving spouse, next of kin, administrator, executor, employee or legal guardian of a licensee who is deceased or who becomes disabled.
  • to a member or employee of a partnership or officer or employee of a corporation licensee, upon the death or disability of an individual registered under the partnership or corporation license.
  • to the designee of a licensee entering active service in the U.S. armed forces.

Amended License:
Check if you are adding an additional line(s) of authority to a license. Example: If you are a life agent and wish to add property and casualty, check here.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More