Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing And Exam Requirements?
Prelicensing education and property and casualty exams are not required of any applicant who has earned the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation of the American Institute for Property and Liability Underwriters, Incorporated, and who is in good standing with a local chapter of the Society of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters. Prelicensing education and life, health and accident exams are not required of any applicant who has earned the Chartered Life Underwriters (CLU) designation of the American College of Life Underwriters and who is a member in good standing with a local chapter of the American Society of Chartered Life Underwriters. Certification of a designation award must be included with Application Form 1114A.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- What Are The General Guidelines For An Insurance License?
- What Are The Application Filing Requirements?
- What Types Of Licenses Does Louisiana Issue?
- What Are The General Resident License Requirements?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- Are The Exams Good For All Lines?
- How Do I Begin The Application Process?
- Which Licenses Require An Exam?
- What Are The License Application Fees?
- How Do I License My Company As An Agency?
- What Are The Requirements For A Nonresident Individual License?
- What If I Am An Agent Moving To Louisiana?
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Are The Exam Fees For Louisiana?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel And Exam?
- How Is The Exam Given?
- What Are The Security Procedures During The Exam?
- What Are Some Special Test Considerations For Someone With A Disability Or Where English Is Not Their Primary Language?
- What Is The Question Format?
- When Will I Receive My License?
- When Does My License Renew?
- My License Has Lapsed, How Do I Get It Reinstated?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- What If I Need Additional Appointments?
- What If My Address Changes?
- How Do I Obtain A Letter Of Certification?