What Are Some Important Considerations In Choosing My Policy?
- Ask an agent or company to help you. The service and reputation of the company and the agent you select is important.
- Review the application carefully with the agent; be sure all the answers are complete and accurate before you sign.
- Don`t buy life insurance unless you intend to stick with your plan. Your decision to protect your family may involve the purchase of a new policy or the replacement of existing coverage.
- Although replacement can be beneficial, it may be very costly in the early years of a new policy if you cancel an existing policy. Don`t drop one policy and buy another without a thorough evaluation of both the new policy and the one you have now.
- Read your policy carefully! Most states require an insurance company to provide a free look period that begins at the delivery of the policy. The agent should explain anything not clear to you.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Life Insurance Articles
- What Are Some Important Initial Considerations?
- What Should I Consider When I Actually Buy Life Insurance?
- What Is The Right Type Of Life Insurance For Me?
- What Is A Level Term?
- What Is An Annual Or Yearly Renewable Term?
- What Are The Benefits Have Having Term Insurance?
- How Are The Premiums Determined?
- How Do I Select An Agent And A Life Insurance Provider?
- What Should I Do With My Current Policy?
- What Are The Different Types Of Life Insurance Policies?