What Are The Requirements To Become A Surplus Lines Broker?

Any person while licensed in this state as an agent who:

  • Is a resident of Kentucky;
  • Has been continuously licensed for at least three (3) years;
  • Is deemed by the commissioner to be competent and trustworthy with respect to the handling of surplus lines; and
  • Represents at least three (3) insurers admitted to transact property or casualty insurance in Kentucky.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More