I Need A Certification/Clearance Letter, What Do I Do?

Certification letters (needed to license a Kentucky resident agent as a non­resident agent in another state) and clearance letters (needed to license a former Kentucky resident agent as a resident agent in another state) have been combined.

If the license is active, the letter will serve as a certification for the license activity. If the license is no longer active, the letter will indicate the last date of license and the date it became inactive, thus serving as a clearance letter.

Each letter must be requested in writing with the agent's full name, Social Security number or the agent's Department of Insurance identification number, and type of letter needed. Also, the agent must indicate where the processed paperwork should be mailed (or provide a properly addressed envelope to expedite the process). A $5 check payable to the "Kentucky State Treasurer" for each letter requested should be enclosed with the request.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More