What Types Of Resident Licenses Are Offered In Kansas?

The Kansas Insurance Department grants the following types of resident licenses.

Licenses Requiring an Examination

  • Life 1
  • Accident and Health
  • Property and Allied Lines 1
  • Casualty and Allied Lines 1
  • Personal Lines (Available after July 1, 2001)
  • Crop Only
  • Title Only
  • Bail Bond Only 2

1 May be taken as individual examinations or in combined examinations of Life, Accident and Health, or Property, Casualty and Allied Lines.
2 Bail bond agents are required to pass the Kansas Laws and Regulations examination only.

Licenses Not Requiring an Examination

  • Variable Contracts 1
  • Travel
  • Auto Club 2
  • Viatical Settlement 2
  • Reinsurance Intermediary 2
  • Excess Lines

1 Variable contracts agents must have NASD registration and a life agent license, but no separate exam is required.
2 Contact the Kansas Insurance Department for instructions and application forms.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More