What If I Am An Agent That Moves To Indiana?
Agents moving into Indiana from other states must satisfy all licensing requirements applicable to resident agents. However, if the new resident held a like license in the previous resident state within the preceding 12 months prior to application, the individual may be exempt from prelicensing study course requirements. New resident applicants should apply to the Department for a waiver letter. This form is available from the Department of Insurance directly. The application for waiver must be accompanied by the former resident state Insurance Department certification, certifying that the applicant was licensed in good standing with the previous resident state. The original Department waiver letter must then be presented at the testing center on the examination date. The new resident applicant will also be exempt from the major lines examination requirement, but must take the appropriate Indianaspecific laws and regulations examination(s).
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- How Do I Obtain An Insurance License In Indiana?
- What Types Of Licenses Are Available In Indiana?
- What Licenses Require And Examination?
- What Licenses Do Not Require An Examination?
- What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A Resident License?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- What Are The Nonresident License Requirements?
- Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing Education And Examination Requirements?
- Additional Licensing Information
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Is The Fee To Take An Exam?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel An Exam?
- Social Security Number Confidentiality
- How Is The Exam Given?
- Can Arrangements Be Made For Someone With A Disability To Take The Exam?
- What Is The Question Format?
- How Do I Apply For A License?
- What Are The License Fees?
- How Do I Obtain A Current Certification Letter?
- How Do I Change My Name Or Address?
- Does Indiana Issue Temporary Licenses?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- License Qualifications Subject To Ce Requirements