What If I Am An Agent That Moves To Indiana?

Agents moving into Indiana from other states must satisfy all licensing requirements applicable to resident agents. However, if the new resident held a like license in the previous resident state within the preceding 12 months prior to application, the individual may be exempt from pre­licensing study course requirements. New resident applicants should apply to the Department for a waiver letter. This form is available from the Department of Insurance directly. The application for waiver must be accompanied by the former resident state Insurance Department certification, certifying that the applicant was licensed in good standing with the previous resident state. The original Department waiver letter must then be presented at the testing center on the examination date. The new resident applicant will also be exempt from the major lines examination requirement, but must take the appropriate Indiana­specific laws and regulations examination(s).

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More