What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A Resident License?
Indiana residents desiring any type of insurance license must:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- reside in Indiana or maintain a principal place of business in Indiana;
- successfully complete a prelicensing education program (when required) and an examination (when required);
- be deemed by the Commissioner to be competent, trustworthy, financially responsible and of good personal and business reputation; and
- submit the appropriate forms and fees for the desired license (including original passing Score Report and original prelicensing Certificate of Completion).
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- How Do I Obtain An Insurance License In Indiana?
- What Types Of Licenses Are Available In Indiana?
- What Licenses Require And Examination?
- What Licenses Do Not Require An Examination?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- What Are The Nonresident License Requirements?
- What If I Am An Agent That Moves To Indiana?
- Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing Education And Examination Requirements?
- Additional Licensing Information
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Is The Fee To Take An Exam?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel An Exam?
- Social Security Number Confidentiality
- How Is The Exam Given?
- Can Arrangements Be Made For Someone With A Disability To Take The Exam?
- What Is The Question Format?
- How Do I Apply For A License?
- What Are The License Fees?
- How Do I Obtain A Current Certification Letter?
- How Do I Change My Name Or Address?
- Does Indiana Issue Temporary Licenses?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- License Qualifications Subject To Ce Requirements