What Are The Nonresident License Requirements?

Subject to certain reciprocity restrictions, any license type that can be issued to a resident agent can also be issued to a nonresident agent, with the exception of surplus lines, bail bond or recovery agent licenses. No pre­licensing study course or examination is required for nonresident licenses. Only those individuals who reside outside of Indiana and hold a like resident license in their home state are eligible to apply for a nonresident license in Indiana.

You may apply for licensing as a nonresident agent by submitting the following directly to the Department:

  • a completed license application form, use the Uniform Application for Individual Non­Resident License.
  • resident state Insurance Department certification, indicating that you are in good standing with your resident state requirements; and
  • applicable licensing fees (fees are reciprocal). Contact the Department if you have any questions regarding nonresident license application procedures or required forms.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More