What Are The Nonresident License Requirements?
Subject to certain reciprocity restrictions, any license type that can be issued to a resident agent can also be issued to a nonresident agent, with the exception of surplus lines, bail bond or recovery agent licenses. No prelicensing study course or examination is required for nonresident licenses. Only those individuals who reside outside of Indiana and hold a like resident license in their home state are eligible to apply for a nonresident license in Indiana.
You may apply for licensing as a nonresident agent by submitting the following directly to the Department:
- a completed license application form, use the Uniform Application for Individual NonResident License.
- resident state Insurance Department certification, indicating that you are in good standing with your resident state requirements; and
- applicable licensing fees (fees are reciprocal). Contact the Department if you have any questions regarding nonresident license application procedures or required forms.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- How Do I Obtain An Insurance License In Indiana?
- What Types Of Licenses Are Available In Indiana?
- What Licenses Require And Examination?
- What Licenses Do Not Require An Examination?
- What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A Resident License?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- What If I Am An Agent That Moves To Indiana?
- Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing Education And Examination Requirements?
- Additional Licensing Information
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Is The Fee To Take An Exam?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel An Exam?
- Social Security Number Confidentiality
- How Is The Exam Given?
- Can Arrangements Be Made For Someone With A Disability To Take The Exam?
- What Is The Question Format?
- How Do I Apply For A License?
- What Are The License Fees?
- How Do I Obtain A Current Certification Letter?
- How Do I Change My Name Or Address?
- Does Indiana Issue Temporary Licenses?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- License Qualifications Subject To Ce Requirements