What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
Indiana's Continuing Education (CE) Law became effective July 31, 1992. The law places the responsibility for the creation and administration of a CE program in the hands of the Indiana Insurance Commissioner and the Insurance Agents Education Advisory Council which is appointed by the Governor. The Department of Insurance Agent's Licensing Division is responsible for the administration of the CE program. Questions regarding CE compliance should be directed to the Department at 3172325858. Insurance agents holding the license types listed below are responsible for completing the required number of CE hours and must comply with the education requirement two years from date of license issuance. Indiana requires that agents selfcertify CE compliance at the time license renewal is made to the Department.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- How Do I Obtain An Insurance License In Indiana?
- What Types Of Licenses Are Available In Indiana?
- What Licenses Require And Examination?
- What Licenses Do Not Require An Examination?
- What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A Resident License?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- What Are The Nonresident License Requirements?
- What If I Am An Agent That Moves To Indiana?
- Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing Education And Examination Requirements?
- Additional Licensing Information
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Is The Fee To Take An Exam?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel An Exam?
- Social Security Number Confidentiality
- How Is The Exam Given?
- Can Arrangements Be Made For Someone With A Disability To Take The Exam?
- What Is The Question Format?
- How Do I Apply For A License?
- What Are The License Fees?
- How Do I Obtain A Current Certification Letter?
- How Do I Change My Name Or Address?
- Does Indiana Issue Temporary Licenses?
- License Qualifications Subject To Ce Requirements