How Do I Obtain A Current Certification Letter?
Resident agents and agencies needing current proof of licensing in Indiana for purposes of nonresident licensing in other states or for purposes of securing appointments with insurers are strongly advised to request a Certification, rather than a duplicate license. A Certification provides current license status, current continuing education compliance status, a statement of "good standing" and other information not provided on a duplicate license. Insurers who require prospective agents to provide proof of licensing as part of the appointment process are also strongly urged, for the same reasons, to require the prospective agent to provide a Certification rather than a copy of his or her license or a duplicate license. To request a Certification, complete and send to the state a completed Service Request Form .
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- How Do I Obtain An Insurance License In Indiana?
- What Types Of Licenses Are Available In Indiana?
- What Licenses Require And Examination?
- What Licenses Do Not Require An Examination?
- What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A Resident License?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- What Are The Nonresident License Requirements?
- What If I Am An Agent That Moves To Indiana?
- Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing Education And Examination Requirements?
- Additional Licensing Information
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Is The Fee To Take An Exam?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel An Exam?
- Social Security Number Confidentiality
- How Is The Exam Given?
- Can Arrangements Be Made For Someone With A Disability To Take The Exam?
- What Is The Question Format?
- How Do I Apply For A License?
- What Are The License Fees?
- How Do I Change My Name Or Address?
- Does Indiana Issue Temporary Licenses?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- License Qualifications Subject To Ce Requirements